Log in

No account? Create an account
27 March 2012 @ 11:53
Look, I just want to make something clear. You seem to have gotten your words mixed up, it's alright, common mistake, but I thought I wold try and clarify this issue for you.

This is a beanie:

This is a toque:

It's pronounced "too-k" (not took, say too and add a k). This is what it is and always has been called. I don't understand why people keep getting this mixed up.
Expressing: quixoticquixotic
Soundtrack: Juan Deminicis - friskyRadio Artist of the Week - November 2011 (friskyRadio - feelin' frisky? [Tran
steffi.conformistsheep on 28th March 2012 00:54 (UTC)
i thought a beanie was also a specific type of toque without the foldy over bottom.
Meanderthalmadfishmonger on 2nd April 2012 13:42 (UTC)
I have never heard that. I have always heard them all called toques. I have never heard (until Americans started using it) the word beanie used for anything other than a propeller hat.
steffi.conformistsheep on 2nd April 2012 14:20 (UTC)
Maybe certain terms for these things are colloquial?
ceebeegeebeeceebeegeebee on 4th April 2012 04:24 (UTC)
yep. beanie is an American thing. toque is actually an old French word that they don't say in France anymore, just in Canada
Meanderthalmadfishmonger on 7th April 2012 20:35 (UTC)
Toque is the right word, that's why.